5.07.2009

I think I've realized who my true friends are. Especially now that I'm moving & my recent break up. I was planning on maybe having a going away bbq at my house, nothing big, just grill out with beer & sangria. To my "not so" surprise, a lot of my friends have excuses. I am all about the excuses, I give them constantly so I don't have to do things I don't want. I just wish they were possibly more legit, or at least tell me the truth. "I can't come to your party because we weren't really friends to begin with" would have been better. I'm over it, and this move is better than I realized. Now my real friends will get a chance to say good bye and visit as often as they would like (as soon as I have a legit place, not my grandparent's guest room).

So far still no word back on any of the places we put offers on. I don't know what I expected with the real estate these days, but I was pretty sure I would have heard back from at least 1 of the places by now. One place has to go through all of their offers in 7 days, so I plan on hopefully starting the processes of closing a condo after that.

Also, news broke that my boy Manny Ramirez tested positive for an "un-named, but not Roids" type of drug. I honestly don't have any answers that I'm looking for. Especially since I'm dying to know what drug it was. It's at least keeping my brain busy while I starting getting my things together. My car is being shipped on Wednesday, and I haven't even begun to think about what I really need. I'm sure I'll figure it out, but this is more frustrating because my room is a complete dump right now. I still haven't unpacked from my trip to California almost 2 weeks ago. And the water damage from the fast melting snow this year (thanks a lot mother nature) is quite annoying because of the huge hole in my wall & missing carpet. I'm an underachiever when it comes to unpacking though, or doing laundry. I hate laundry. The funny part about that, is I love folding clothes and hanging them up. I just hate waiting for them to be ready.

On the bright side, Lakers won last night after giving me a heart attack in the 2nd & 3rd quarter. 1-1 series so far, but I'm not settling until we win.

I plan on keeping myself busy for the next less than 2 weeks with finishing up work & enjoying the time I have left with my friends & family. Especially my dogs. & my cat who will secretly find his way into my suitcase.

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2009 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Jill said...

oh honey i feel ya! there is always something that proves who your real friends are. for me, it was my move to texas. sometimes friends slip between the cracks. but GOOD friends don't let their friends slip. when we were making our wedding guest list we only invited about 15 of my nearest and dearest iowa friends. because quite honestly, that's all i have left. 16 years in davenport and i can only count about 15 good friends today. but i will say this- they are my BEST friends. and that's who you really want in your life anyways. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home