6.04.2009

Today has probably been the best day ever since I moved (by far)...

1. I have found another TV series to become addicted to and of course it is on my favorite channel of all time, HBO. True Blood is so amazing, maybe because HBO honestly doesn't give two nickels about what can be considered "inappropriate behavior". It could also be because I have a mild addiction to anything that has to do with vampires! I also bought the first book at Costco (the best store ever) because it's a book series too. I'll have to see if it's any good. I plan on watching every episode I can find though to keep me from anxiously waiting for New Moon to come out.

2. I went for my final interview at a local restaurant/brewery this afternoon. Finding a job is always so stressful, considering I've been a spending maniac for the past two weeks. The interview took FOREVER and I honestly didn't think I would have time to go look at other restaurants today. Well it didn't matter anyways because I GOT THE JOB! I know that sometimes people get offered jobs because of what you look like, etc. etc. but I honestly think I got hired because of my experience. Either way, it's amazing that I got a job within two weeks of living here, and it's at a brewery! Good beer all the time is something I can definitely get used to.

3. Went to look at a few more condos today too and found two more places I'm going to put offers on. That will basically be the icing on the cake when I finally get a place of my own, but so far we're going in the right direction. One of the places has at least reviewed my offer (which is supposedly a great thing) so I'll hopefully hear back in a few weeks!

4. Tonight was also my first rehearsal with my new church's music group. I am not one who reads music, I basically listen and repeat what I hear. This is where the day turned ugly because regardless of what I consider a talent, turned into a joke almost. Luckily the people there are super nice and didn't even notice (yeah right) that I sounded terrible, or I mouthed the words just so I didn't have to hear myself suck. Worse even, all of the new people had to meet with our music director one-on-one so he can see what each voice can do for the group. I'm not one to step right up and sing, I become a nervous wreck and sweat out like 7 lbs easily when I have to sing/speak in front of anyone. To my surprise, the music director loved me so much that he "can't wait to hear me do solos". Completely a surprise but a good one, I can't wait :)

Tomorrow has a lot to live up to considering today rocked the socks off any day.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home